Welcome to Mayster and Chaimson

Mayster & Chaimson, Ltd. is a law firm whose sole area of practice is contesting real estate tax assessments in the Chicagoland area. We represent homeowners, small, multi-unit property owners, apartment building, commercial and industrial property owners, at all levels in the appeals process, from the Assessor’s Office, to the Board of Review, State of Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board (PTAB) and Circuit Court. We are advocates on behalf of taxpayers.

In focusing our practice in the real estate tax appeal process, our firm has developed unique skills in:
  • analyzing assessments and the underlying market value, as mandated by the newly revised Cook County Assessment Classification Ordinance,
  • determining which venue is most appropriate for a client’s assessment contest, and
  • preparing the analysis that will result in maximum tax assessment relief.

We represent a large and diverse number of clients, including public corporations, middle market companies, and entrepreneurial based industrial and commercial property owners. Our clients also include professional property managers and the office and retail shopping centers they manage, in addition to developers of residential and multi-unit buildings, and that singular, universally overtaxed group, the single family homeowner.

Let us be your advocate!

Jerry Mayster and Fred Chaimson have combined experience of over 60 years in the real estate tax assessment practice. The firm, Mayster & Chaimson, Ltd., was founded in 2002 and is committed to being accessible to our clients and providing a very high level of individualized representation in the real estate tax assessment field.

Tax Assessments and Appeals

  • Residential Properties
  • Multi-Family Residential Properties
  • Commercial/Residential Mixed Use Properties
  • Industrial/Commercial Buildings
  • Not-for-Profit and Charitably Owned Real Estate

Counties We Serve

  • Cook
  • Lake
  • DuPage
  • Kane
  • Will
  • McHenry

Get a No-Obligation Consultation

Complete the Request a Consultation Form and you will be contacted by one of our qualified professionals.